Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Car vs. Jeep

Since my husband and I carpool to work (I drop him off with a peck on the lips and pick him up when the day is done, like a little kindergartner, it's cute!) we generally use only one car during the week. Usually we'll drive the car, since it uses less gas. We had a spell of about a month where we only drove the Jeep (Grand Cherokee). After that month of driving and eating/drinking-- the Jeep is an automatic, so I get spoiled with my freedom to eat while driving-- we switched back to the car and I noticed something weird.... People are way more willing to pull out in front of a car, than a jeep. In the jeep they stayed back like good little cars waiting their turn, but in the car, there was no hesitation about pulling out in the 'in-between' space where you think there's enough time/room between cars, but maybe not. One day, in the car, I had 2 cars pull out into the road half-way before realizing they didn't have enough time/room. They ended up throwing it in reverse to get back to their safety zone. Two in a row! And that was just my first day back with the car. I guess I get used to it after a few days because it's only noticeable to me for a few days.

Just an interesting thing I thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment